All classes are conducted in a supportive, non-competitive atmosphere. Emphasis is placed on development of learning skills and self-esteem through fun, creative activities and exercises. Students learn relaxation and breathing, body language and cooperation while developing strength, flexibility, imagination and trust. Ensemble awareness and team work help to generate local and community involvement.
Original themes and ideas, provided by participating students, are integrated into the creative and technical training process. Structured, performance material is developed, culminating in live performances and/or videos
Classes Available for All Ages and Backgrounds
Pre-school through college levels, professional levels, special education, mental health, temporary housing shelters, nursing homes, drug and alcohol rehab centers, after-school programs, housing projects, community centers, museums and art centers, dance and theater schools/studios.
Courses and Workshops Include
- Professional Development and Arts Mentoring Partnerships for Teachers and Educators
- Acting, Theater and Improvisation (including Spolin techniques)
- Movement Theater/Physical Acting
- Mime and Pantomime
- Circus Arts and Juggling
- Storytelling, Play and Skit Writing
- Creative Movement and Dance
- Poetry through Writing and Movement
- Conflict/ Resolution – Creative Drama
- Folk Tales from Around the World through Creative Drama
- Staff Seminars in Creative Group Techniques for Teachers – (with curriculum integration)
Bright colored juggling scarves, peacock feathers for balancing, Koosh Balls, parachutes, batons, streamers, fabrics, neutral masks, clown noses, hats and crowns, elastic Thera-bands, percussion instruments, clip lights (for shadow projections), portable tape deck, various props and costume pieces, large selection of multi-cultural music.